Coca-Cola drinks are secure to devour and have not been poisoned, Croatia’s well being minister mentioned on Thursday, following a spate of reported diseases over the previous week.
Croatian Minister for Well being Vili Beroš mentioned 45 folks had reported falling unwell and introduced to emergency departments throughout the nation after ingesting Coca-Cola merchandise — however there was just one case the place somebody was really poisoned.
Testing of the beverage in that case — Römerquelle, a model of flavored mineral water owned by Coca-Cola — confirmed it contained “a detergent and/or degreaser,” Beroš mentioned. The affected person was “severely injured” and is receiving therapy in hospital, with a legal investigation ongoing.
All different reported poisonings had been most definitely false alarms or unrelated to ingesting Coca-Cola fizzy drinks, Beroš mentioned, with testing exhibiting the drinks had been secure.
“It’s not good to fall for false messages, it contributes to the unfold of panic and worry,” he mentioned — having earlier instructed Croatians it was “finest to drink water.”
Earlier this week, Croatia banned the sale of some Coca-Cola merchandise after a number of folks reportedly fell unwell, with photographs shared on-line exhibiting empty cabinets in supermarkets and eating places.
In a press release Thursday, Coca-Cola HBC mentioned: “We welcome the readability that the take a look at outcomes will carry for our customers and clients after the uncertainty of the previous few days.”
Though sodas have been confirmed secure to drink, Beroš really helpful the general public nonetheless “drink faucet water,” including: “It’s the healthiest drink.”